Sky

Sky

Friday, July 29, 2022

The Baked Beans Tour 2022 - The Bikes

 


Doing a tour like this requires the proper bike. Sure, many riders will tell you that you can do it with anything, and although this may be true it is certainly more enjoyable with a well-adapted machine. 


For my buddy the choice was obvious. He rides a Triumph Tiger 800 XC nicknamed Hobbes. He bought that bike a couple of years ago with the purpose of touring with it, and that is what he has done! Last year he did a 1 month tour around Europe as his first big ride, and with the bike properly set up for such a long trip with all the necessary panniers and a comfort seat, he was well used to it for this year. It is a perfect touring bike as it is nimble and has just the right amount of power. 



As for me, I had the choice between my trusty Honda CB 1100 or my Triumph Scrambler 1200 XC that I bought last year. It was a pretty simple choice given the roads I was expecting to ride. The Scrambler is ideal for these conditions with the large wheels and superb Öhlins suspension. Add to that the fact that I'm not getting any younger, and it would be a lot easier on my knees. For packing, I had a magnetic tank bag to hold my essentials, and my buddy had made some space in one of his panniers for some more stuff. As it turned out, it was even better than expected!










No comments:

Post a Comment