Sky

Sky

Friday, July 29, 2022

The Baked Beans Tour 2022

 It has been far too long since I contributed something here on Anger Management, and don't believe for a second the rumours that this is because I have not been angry for a while. It's basically down to your run-of-the-mill laziness. Well that, and I have not really come across anything I felt like writing about... until now!


This summer a very good friend of mine from Sweden was doing a motorcycle tour across Europe and on his stop over to see us we had agreed that we would do a mini motorcycle tour together. The idea was to try and plan a nice ride over four days, and I set myself some pretty strict objectives for the route planning. In a nutshell, these were:


  1. No highways and avoid other major roads to the extent possible
  2. Ensure that the distance each day was around 250 km and that riding time would be about 6 hour
  3. Include some legendary mountain passes in the Alps
  4. Visit the Mediterranean for a swim


It took me a while for the planning, but in the end, I came up with something that I think really was able to meet the requirements, and allowed us to have an outstanding time.


The map for the four days looks like this:




Now you may wonder about the name of the tour. My buddy suggested it, and given the intense heat we experienced over the four days of riding, it really did seem appropriate!





No comments:

Post a Comment